WHICH LOG HOME PACKAGE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
A log home package includes the supplies and options to build a log home. But log home packages are not all the same. Therefore, it’s important you compare apples to apples.
Consider these points to ponder when researching the right log home package for you.
Log Home Package Questions
- Are the logs in the package pre-cut and pre-drilled, or just random length logs? Pre-cut log walls will save time during construction. However, if a company offers pre-cut, ask what that means. Corners only? Window/door openings ready for external trim? Electrical chase and boxes?
- What size are the logs?
- What species are the logs?
- Is there a warranty for the logs themselves? For example, most companies will warranty their logs, and then the window and/or door manufacturer’s warranty covers the windows and doors.
- Are the windows and external doors (French, sliders or entry door) included? If so, are they wood/clad, vinyl or fiberglass for the entry door?
- What type of roof is included?
- Does the package include soffit & fascia material/exterior trim for around the windows and doors?
- Are the porches and decks on the rendering floor plans included or an option.
- Ask if the 2nd floor system is included or an option.
- Do they include all of the necessary fasteners, etc., to construct the package? For example, typically nails for nail guns are not included.
- Is the material for all of the interior framed walls included?
- Does the package include site-specific engineered plans or are they just engineered for the county of build? If not, you may need to go to a local engineer to get them drawn/approved for your building lot, which would naturally incur additional costs for you.
- Do the plans include the foundation and sub-floor drafting and engineering (even if the company does not provide the material for this element of the build)?
- What interior trim is included? Also, what about 1 x 6″ tongue and groove material for a cathedral ceiling?
For more information about our home package call us on 208-689-3395 or email email@example.com
Make sure you are not comparing Apples to Oranges