Designing your dream log home often has many challenges, which is why most of us need a bit of guidance. Duncanwoods uses your specific requirements to help you create your future dream log home. Customized does not mean more money!
The Planning Process
Our design team will work with you to design your home and create the preliminary floor plans and elevations.
After you’ve approved your preliminary plans, the next step is signing a formal purchase agreement, followed by the creation of the full construction drawings. Your payment for the preliminary plans will apply to the 10% deposit needed for full construction drawings.
Planning Your Log Home
You have many decisions to make during the planning phase of your log home. You should design your home to meet your lifestyle and personal requirements. Here are a few thingsto keep in mind.
- Do you have any hobbies that would need their own space?
- Are you planning on adding an attached garage or one that is connected by a covered breezeway?
- Do you have enough space for the pantry and laundry?
- Do you want a mud room to throw off your dirty boots in the winter… or even to wash the dog?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- Do you have enough storage space in your new home?
- Do you want to separate the master bedroom from the guest bedrooms with a living/great room in between?
- Will your home still meet all your requirements as you get older?
Also, think about what you would add to improve your quality of life. Do you want this new house to be your retirement home? If so, think about eliminating stairs by building a single story home. If you need wheelchair accessibility, we will draw the plans to meet ADA compliance. Duncanwoods International Log & Timber Homes Inc. specializes in customizing your log home, whether it is developed from an existing plan or from your own ideas.
If your budget is tight, focus on getting the outside of the house the way you want it and compromise on the inside furnishings. These are much cheaper and easier to upgrade at a later date.